Electocuted Kogi Poly student dies 7-day to end ND Course

Tragedy struck at Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja,as a female final year student of the institution, Miss Rose Oyiza Joseph, 20, was electrocuted at her private residence near the campus.kogi poly

Miss Joseph, who was of the Department of Science and Laboratory Technology, had only one week to round-off her National Diploma Programme before she met her untimely death.

She was also said to be the only child of her family.

Eye-witness account has it that there was power failure on the day of the incident.

Miss Joseph who exited her room on an errand, returned to her apartment with no idea of an upsurge in the electricity current which eventually cut one of the cables that consequently dropped on her and instantly snuffed life out of her.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr Tijani Yakubu, told journalists that immediately after the incident, the management of the institution tried to ensure that she stayed alive but she died.

Mr Yakubu also said the management of the institution has commiserated with the family of the victim.

He prayed that such ugly incident does not re-occer to any of the students again.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *