No one promised you Ayu’s resignation – Reno Omokri to Wike
Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, the Governor of Rivers State and an esteemed member of our party, addressed the press on current issues within our party, and he made several false statements. I don’t think he lied. It’s possible that his memory failed him due to the pressures of running a very successful state, like Rivers. So I wrote the following to refresh his memory.
- Senator Iyorchia Ayu, Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, has never promised to resign if a Northern Presidential candidate is elected. Rather, he stated publicly and on film that if the PDP asked him to, he would leave. And, given that the PDP NEC passed a vote of confidence, why should he resign?
- The Peoples Democratic Party did not jettison zoning in favour of the North. Zoning was jettisoned in favour of the South. The last PDP President is from the South. By virtue of the party’s Constitution and tradition, the next President should come from the North.
- If Wike has evidence that the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, is not a trustworthy character, he should provide such to the police and other law enforcement agencies.
- The Peoples Democratic Party Presidential primaries were not flawed. They were transparent and watched live on TV by Nigerians. A winner emerged. Many also did not win. Saraki, Tambuwal, Mohammed, Hayatudeen, Dele Momodu, Anyim, Fayose, Emmanuel, Momodu and others have not complained of any untoward happenings.
- If the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman, Senator Iyorchia Ayu, convened any illegal meetings in the house of retired generals, then proof of that should be tendered by the one making the allegations. By the way, who should the PDP Chairman meet? APC members, like someone we know?
- Waziri Atiku could not have promised Governor Wike that Senator Ayu would resign, because he has no power to make Senator Ayu (who was largely brought in by Governor Wike) resign.
- How can a man who almost single handedly installed the last two PDP chairmen and many members of the NEC call the same party “arrogant”? If an engineer builds a house and calls it ugly, what is he invariably saying about himself?
- Wike says Waziri Atiku is surrounding himself with people without much political value, why is he resisting joining the PCC. We need Wike because he obviously has much political value.
- The Peoples Democratic Party has a National Executive Committee. According to the party’s Constitution, the NEC has the authority to discipline any member.
- Every member of the party is important, but no one is the big picture.
- Senator Iyorchia Ayu, the Peoples Democratic Party Chairman’s fate should be determined by the PDP Constitution